Just a Season....

For everything there is a season, and time for every matter under heaven. Ecclesiastes 3:1



Well, I can't believe that I am writing this today, but here we are! Several weeks ago I started receiving some very conflicting and confusing prompts concerning this blog. I tried to shake it off, thinking it was the enemy trying to come in and mess with me (as usual!) and discourage me from doing something that God had very clearly told me to do. It started as a whisper and then grew louder, as prompts from God typically do, until yesterday when God spoke so loudly to me through another person that I could not deny it. I am being told that my work here is done for now, and for reasons even I don't understand, it's time to "be still" and rest from this place.  

It took me quite a while to give in and create this blog, so imagine my surprise when God began sending me some pretty clear signals that it was time to end it so soon after it had begun. I feel like I was just getting started! It turns out that this precious part of my life truly was for just a season, one short and wonderful season. It was a great summer sharing with all of you what God had put on my heart! God uses us as his vessels for as long as he wants, giving and taking away in his perfect time. I hope, sincerely hope, that I will be called back to this place again...but for now I'm being told to submit and spend this time doing something else. Not my will, but your will be done, Lord!

I want to thank the precious friend I have who was bold and brave enough to say the words that needed to be said to me yesterday about walking away from this place. I had been waiting for one very clear answer to these conflicting thoughts I had been having, and I truly believe God used you! For the rest of you reading this today, I had not said anything to this person about my struggle with ending this blog. Her words came from her heart on her own accord, which only confirms to me that this is not indeed the work of the enemy but of the one who guides and directs our hearts as a watercourse. When more than one person receives the same message, you can bet that it is no coincidence! 

It's just a blog, so what's the big deal? Haha. Normally, this wouldn't be a big deal to me at all. Oh, one less thing to do? Okay! But when you feel called out to do something it becomes a very big part of who you are, no matter what it is. My prayer for all of my sweet friends today is to always do what God is telling you, and when you are not sure, pray for the wisdom to understand what you are being told. God had to use someone's actual voice to tell me it was over for now before I got it!

It's killing me to type this, as there are so many things I still want to say! So many messages that I think are worth sharing. But who am I? :) So I guess I will just end things by saying thank you SO MUCH to all of you who have sent messages, approached me at parties, commented, shared your prayer requests, and encouraged me over these last few months. I KNOW that God used this space to do great and mighty work, because I have seen it evidenced in so many of you.  I'm just thankful to have been used for any time at all. I am really excited to see what's next! 

I hope that those of you who have resonated with some of these posts will come back and visit from time to time, re-reading some of the messages here. I spent some time over the weekend reading some of my own posts which ministered to ME as if I hadn't even been the one who wrote them. I had honestly forgotten some of the very things that God had spoken to me...what a relief to know they are written down and not forgotten forever. How soon we forget

I hope you all have a great day today. I truly love you all. Until God says otherwise, here's one last peace out! Don't forget to "be still" and listen for God's voice in your life. He is always speaking. Are you listening? 

Love!








   

Comments

Popular Posts